Welcome to Raumati South School.
Our website aims to give you information about our school, our people and how to contact us.
Raumati South school is located in Matai Road on the beautiful Kapiti Coast approximately 50 kms north of Wellington, New Zealand. Our school opened in February 1970. We enrol children in years one to eight (5 year old to 13 year old). We are proud of our attractive environment, our enthusiastic staff and the high levels of community support we enjoy.
Five of our classrooms are currently being remodelled and we expect to be back in them by the end of March. Our swimming pool is well used.
In 2016 all classes have started the year working on health related topics. We have had Paula from Life Education Trust working with us.
Our present roll is 431 with children in seventeen classrooms. Teachers and children work in four syndicates: Kahikatea - Year 7 & 8; Kowhai - Year 5 and 6; Tawa - Year 3 & 4 and Nga Tipuranga - New entrants to Year 2.
Our mission is to equip students to embrace life's opportunities and challenges with resilience and determination.
Our vision is: Resilient, Connected Learners.
whakatauki / proverb
"Ma te huruhuru te manu ka rere" - With the feathers of knowledge the bird will fly.
At Raumati South School we value:
- Respect - for ourselves, others and the environment
- Passion, creativity and innovation
- Striving for personal excellence
- Resilience - being able to problem solve
- Community - everyone taking responsibility for learning
- The diversity of our community
We want our students to graduate able to:
- Be confident that they belong and can contribute in the community
- Make informed choices
- Believe in themselves and their abilities
- Be leaders
- Problem solve and bounce back
- Have knowledge, awareness and skills to succeed
- Be passionate, flexible and creative
- Communicate effectively, question and challenge
- Have a bank of stories and experiences to take with them